Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Upcoming Publications


 
In the of world of ‘publish or perish’ it is always nice to be able to announce upcoming publications, and I have three coming out soon that are particularly important to me for different reasons. Firstly, I have just had a paper accepted in Tourism Management, one of our top journals. The paper examines the influence of social media on customer relationships at music festivals. I am particularly proud of this paper, as it was co-authored with my son Rupert, a recent graduate of the Moore School of Business, who is now working in the music industry in New York. In addition, the paper will serve as a tribute to Tom Madden (former Moore School of Business Professor of Marketing), another co-author on the paper, who sadly passed away a few months ago.

A second paper of mine that will be published shortly in Anatolia: An International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research is a called ‘A Portrait to Brent Ritchie’. Brent was my Chair at the University of Calgary, and is undoubtedly one of tourism’s most eminent scholars. He retired this year, and so to be asked to write a portrait of Brent for a journal was a real honor, and is a small way of saying thank you to the best mentor a tourism academic could ever have. Brent has had a huge influence on my career.

Finally, I have just started writing a new book on the ski industry, nearly 15 year after publishing my first book on the subject called Snow Business. The industry has changed significantly in the last few decades: technology has had a huge impact on the sport and how it is enjoyed and marketed; demographic shifts have severely affected the customer profile; and climate change is impacting hills all over the world. Such dramatic changes require a fresh look at this exciting and dynamic industry, and I am really looking forward to working on this project over the next 12 months or so. The book, to be co-authored by my wife Louise, will be published by Goodfellow Publishers at the end of 2015.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment